The government says around 1,000 people died from Corona Virus up to the last weekend of March. But we can reveal the truth. The death toll in Britain from the killer virus is at least double.

27 March 2020 By Paul Martin


By Paul Martin.


The Government is vastly underestimating the number of people dying of coronavirus, an investigation by correspondent.world has revealed.

In its death figures Public Health England only tells the public how many people have died from Covid-19 if those people died in hospital and had already tested positive for the killer virus.

A Public Health England source who asked for anonymity admitted that anyone brought to a hospital who died before a diagnosis of coronavirus was made, or who died on the way to a hospital, was not being counted as having the disease.


“This could mean there are four times as many deaths related to corona-virus as we are announcing,” the source said.  Another source said he estimated the death toll was “at least double”.

A senior doctor at a large outer London hospital told correspondent.world: “Even if we strongly suspect a person has Covid-19, we will attribute his or her death to what is known as the underlying condition. That’s unless the Covid-19 test has been done.”

Patients brought in with serious breathing problems would normally be tested, but there are not enough kits and not enough staff to test for Covid-19 after a patient has died, the sources say.

Anyone therefore who falls ill and self-isolates, then dies before being brought to a hospital and tested, is not included in the death statistics for Covid-19.

Exact numbers of people dying before they reach hsoptal, or before any Covid-19 test has bene done, are difficult to establish.

Coroners note down what they think are the primary and secondary causes of death. But a senior coroner told correspondent.world that doctors are under so much pressure they often do not visit homes of patients who are dying, so the death certificates often simply are based on past illnesses rather than the sudden onset of Covid-19.

In any case, the coroner told correspondent.world, the number of death certificates specifically for people who die outside hospitals is not being fed into any national database.

Tim Galley, who died on Tuesday, will have been one of those who is not counted in the Covid-19 death statistics. The 47-year-old banker from Wrexham died at home on Tuesday March 24, just two days after he developed a fever. His body was removed from his home by medics wearing protective clothing.

Galley, who had no underlying conditions, “did not want to waste NHS time” by phoning for an ambulance, his girlfriend Donna Cuthbert told the television programme North Wales Live.

After correspondent.world extracted the damning admission from Public Health England, the government announced that it is changing its method of counting the dead.

At a national media briefing on Monday 30 March, the prime minister’s stand-in, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, said: “The ONS [Office of National Statistics] will pick up also those who did not die in hospital but died in the community.  I don’t expect this discrepancy to be large.”

However Raab may still not be providing a full accounting of those who have died. That is because there is no simple way to count those who have died outside hospitals or without any tests for Covid-19. The ONS and Public Health England do not have access to the coroners’ reports. And even on these reports, coronavirus or Covid-19 would most often be listed only as a secondary cause of death, or not mentioned, if there were a pre-existing condition already known to the general practitioners.

NOTE: Finally this claim of at least double the number of deaths, as opposed to the figures being given out by the government, has been acknowledged… but only on 21 April !

The Independent (quoting Financial Times): UK coronavirus death toll more than double hospital figure, new analysis suggests


Meanwhile in another telling sign that the battle is out of control, correspondent.world has learned that the world-renowned Great Ormond Street Children’s hospital has laid on an additional 200 beds. These are for children being moved out of normal hospitals with illnesses other than Covid-19. 


The additional capacity will allow University College Hospital and others in London to free up beds for an expected influx of corona-virus adult patients, a different NHS source told correspondent.world. This extra capacity, it is feared, will be needed even as the Excel centre readies four thousand new beds specifically for Coronavirus patients.

The source asked that her name not be revealed, as staff have been told not to communicate with the media.

The source revealed that an astonishingly high number of adult patients will need to be kept alive on ventilators by the end of April.  The estimate is 40 thousand.

“We are actively planning that we will need to transfer adult ventilated patients out of London to other ITUs around the country as the demand will be so great. There will be 40,000 adults needing ventilation by the end of April,” the source wrote.

Meanwhile an NHS source said that adults and children suffering from cancer and other diseases will die in greater numbers than before, as hospitals narrow their focus and resources to corona virus patients. 

Pages: 1 2